Chenrezig Institute depends on committed and enthusiastic volunteers to create a culture of wisdom and compassion. Delivering flyers to coffee shops and community notice boards helps us get the word out to people who haven’t yet heard about all the great opportunities on offer at Chenrezig Institute. Being part of the wider marketing and publicity team is a great opportunity to share what you have found beneficial and enjoyable about Chenrezig Institute with others and to help our community grow. Volunteering at Chenrezig Institute gives you the opportunity to further your own practice through serving others and working within a practicing and supportive community.
What to Expect
Distributing the posters would suit volunteers who can’t make it to the centre but would like to help. As a marketing and publicity team volunteer your hours are somewhat flexible allowing you to find a great work life balance.
What are the Benefits?
- You’ll enjoy working and contributing to a peaceful and compassionate community
- As a distributor you’ll get to share Chenrezig Institute with the wider community and know you’ll be introducing lots of new people to our helpful programs
- As it’s important to get talking to people about our centre and programs you’ll be able to visit coffee shops all over your area and legitimately call it work!
- You’ll create lots of good karma!
What are the Tasks?
For Poster Distributors tasks may include:
- Downloading and printing the posters sent to you
- Talking to cafe owners shops etc and leaving posters in your local area
- Collecting old posters at the end of the event
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to follow directions from your team leader
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Hard working and committed to Chenrezig Institute.
When can I volunteer?
Lets Talk! A variety of shifts are available every day of the week, including shifts within school hours for parents. Our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you about our roster and fit you in based on your ability. Ideally we are looking for day volunteers who can make a regular, weekly, fortnightly or monthly commitment.
Do I need training?
That depends on you. Our Volunteer Coordinator will chat with you about what skills and interests you already have and what you’d like to develop. We do provide training in specific areas and all our volunteers are supported with an induction to give you a clear understanding of the program and how to work safely and effectively.
What is it like to spend time with the community at Chenrezig Institute?
Chenrezig Community is made up of Sangha (Nuns and Monks) and lay people from all over the world.
The foundation for the community is Buddhist teachings and this creates a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere.
As a Volunteer we request that, while you are here, you too work within our Code of Conduct so you can easily do this.
To dress modestly at all times and to abstain from:
- Protect living beings (Do not kill – even tiny insects)
- Respect others belongings (Do not steal)
- Speak truthfully (Do not lie)
- Respect Chenrezig Institute as a place for spiritual reflection and personal development (refrain from sexual misconduct)
- Cultivate clarity of mind and body (refrain from using drugs and alcohol)
How does Chenrezig thank you for your service?
Giving service is a great opportunity to work on your mind. We appreciate that you are able to give your time generously with joyous effort.
To thank you for your service Chenrezig offers our Day Volunteers free lunch in the Big Love Café (on the day where you volunteer for a period of greater than five hours).
You can apply for our volunteer program by emailing email@example.com or by completing this form